In this review, we will share our experience with the All Natural Cannabis Tincture developed by MÜV; by limiting their ingredients to only essential components, they produce effective and healthy results for their users.
Reading the mission statement and goals of this company is truly inspiring and the type of attitude we appreciate discovering in this industry. They start by talking about what they believe, pointing to the four specific areas of focus that motivates this firm to create and deliver outstanding products for their clients. These four areas of focus are:
- Determination – they take a serious-science approach on each product they develop, seeking purity and consistency as the goal of their end results
- Exploration – recognizing that cannabis is one of the oldest natural medications used by humankind, their team enthusiastically perform intense research with the goal to develop new products from the cannabis plant to improve the well-being of their users
- Experience – MÜV has built an impressive development team consisting of highly qualified scientists and medical experts who know which questions to ask, performing research and development with an eye to producing the highest quality products, and to specify precise formulations
- Guaranteed – not until final tests are cleared showing their product to be fully tested, meeting or exceeding their stringent benchmark quality standards, and produced with the highest level of purity, will their products reach the consumer shelves
With this foundation of determination, exploration, experience, and guarantees, MÜV expresses their mission statement, which is to “research, design, invent, engineer and produce the world’s most advanced cannabis-related line of products.” Since the early 1990’s, upon the discovery and exploration of the endocannabinoid system in the human body, more than 80 potentially therapeutic molecules have been identified in the plant. Hidden within each of these newly-discovered molecules perhaps lies the answer and solution to improve and advance the good health of the human population.
Finally, their motto “Well sourced, well made” ideally integrates within their mission statement; by only acquiring quality ingredients from the best producers dedicated to the practice of ethical and earth-friendly production and working exclusively with high-quality manufacturers, they start off on excellent footing. The final stage requires all ingredients and products to go through and pass their rigorous in-house science-based testing process. The end result are products that deliver “outstanding quality, both mind and body can trust.”
As you can see, the MÜV commitment covers their entire process, from beginning to end. Furthermore, the parent company of MÜV, AltMed, is a fully integrated science and research company dedicated to bringing the analysis and development precision of the pharmaceutical industry to the quickly emerging medical cannabis industry.
MÜV Sublingual Tincture – CBD
The tinctures produced by MÜV feature a patent-pending encapsulation which results in more efficient dosing; ingested sublingually, it has a rapid onset time. The sublingual tincture contains 8 inactive ingredients and one active ingredient: CBD. The following breaks down the 8 inactive ingredients in the tincture:
- Vegetable glycerin – this is a clear liquid with syrupy properties that is odorless yet offers a mild sweet taste; it is typically made from coconut, palm or soybean oils
- Ethanol – the extract of the cannabis plant is dissolved in ethanol to convert it to a tincture
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCT) – a component of foods like coconut oil, palm butter, and dairy products such as yogurt, milk, and cheese, MCT appears because of its inclusion in vegetable glycerines; studies have indicated that MCT offer many positive health benefits include modest weight loss and increased endurance when exercising
- Water – you can’t get more natural than good ol’ H2O, can you?
- Sunflower Oil – because it contains lots of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, it has been proven an effective source of fuel for the human body; included in diets, it can lower both total cholesterol levels and the build-up of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol
- Oleic Acid – a fatty acid that naturally appears in various vegetable and animal oils and fats; studies have indicated that this ingredient can reduce inflammation and may possibly provide beneficial effects to cancer-linked genes
- Natural Terpenes – these are the fragrant oils that produces the different aromas in cannabis, produced by the sticky resin glands (as is THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids); terpenes are also found in other various fruits, herbs, and plants
- Quillaja Saponaria Extract – while it may not sound familiar, this ingredient is also found in various foods and beverages including root beer and cream soda; the extract from this evergreen tree also contain saponins, which exhibit antimicrobial properties that help the body guard against bacteria, fungi, and viruses
The tincture is produced in 300 mL (or 1 fluid ounce) bottles and includes 300 mg of CBD. Recommended dosing is 0.5 mg per drop, making a grand total of 600 drops per bottle; because the tincture is water-soluble, this tincture is ideal to add to beverages or even plain water. MÜV has also found the CBD to be both an anti-inflammatory agent and a possible solution for social anxiety disorders including depression and anxiety. Because the CBD is nonpsychoactive, it is also useful to reduce the psychoactive effects of THC by interacting with and disrupting the endocannabinoid system.
The CBD Informative Testing and Rating
As is our standard practice, at CBD Informative we send all products to a qualified third party for further rigorous testing on products we test and will not give our final stamp of approval until we receive a full and satisfactory report from Level One Labs in Arizona, our preferred third-party testing facility.
Third Party Test Results
We weren’t so impressed with the third party results we received from Level One Labs, as they actually showed a much higher CBD potency than MÜV advertises for this product. Yes, the Certificate of Analysis produced by Level One Labs indicated a CBD level of 393.92 mg of CBD per unit, well above the claimed 300 mg of CBD by the manufacturer; we allow a 10% variance before we start deducting points when testing CBD products. Based upon the extra CBD delivered per unit, there was a 0.3131 variance so 2.131 points were deducted from potency score.
CBD Informative Assessment
On top of sending the product out for separate evaluation, our team also loves to be part of the testing process (seriously, who wouldn’t love that job?!); this involves giving our own personal assessment while also evaluating the manufacturer during the testing of the product.
The Manufacturer – MÜV
They emphasize quality in their mission statement, but in terms of potency, quality isn’t what we experienced. While some may appreciate extra CBD, we believe the label must reflect what’s inside. A 0.3131 variance in potency is large.
The one area in which we were not satisfied is the choice of packaging, particularly using a black bottle to contain the tincture. It isn’t possible to see the liquid remaining in the bottle, which will be frustrating for many users, especially when they are near the end of the contents in the bottle. On the bright side, we were very pleased with the outside packaging offering a very clean and smart look that we found appealing. Overall, packaging was rated as 8 out of 10 but this could easily be boosted to a 10 out of 10 by replacing the dark glass on the bottle with a transparent material to allow users an accurate view of the tincture.
The Product – Sublingual Tincture (CBD)
As for the Sublingual Tincture (CBD version), points were dinged because of the potency variance. We did mark it down two points (to 8 out of 10) for taste because it came across as highly fruity (but not a natural fruit flavor) that left a somewhat interesting aftertaste upon dosing; however this could be due to the other inactive ingredients included in the tincture. Also, the effect was slightly lower than what our team experienced testing the product as compared to our experience with Focus Elixir by Canna Hemp, earning it a 10 out of 10.
Overall though, we give this product a thumbs up if you are looking for more CBD, however, our rating system doesn’t consider that a good thing and therefore have to give this a thumbs down.
The CBD Informative Overall Rating for Sublingual Tincture (CBD) by MÜV – 8.04
Our overall rating for MÜV’s Sublingual Tincture is 8.04; as mentioned above, the dings this product and company got were for the high variance in potency, the very opaque bottle, the strong flavor, the rather unusual aftertaste, and a slightly less CBD effect than the Focus Elixir by Canna Hemp (previously reviewed and earning a 10 rating). However, our overall experience with MÜV encourages us to test more of their products in the future and to provide you with more reviews on their products.